Advanced Immersion Course. 28 days. Costa Rica Beach & Jungle.
Date: Fall 2020 (exact dates coming soon)
Changes in Yoga Alliance lead trainer status highlight the timeliness of this advanced 300-hour YTT to attain your 500-hour RYT registration to lead YA registered 200- and 300-hour YTT programs.
Registered with Yoga Alliance
Offered by Yoga with a View: Stretch your Limits #140699YA
Our advanced course encompasses both Classical Yoga and Chinese philosophies of health, wellness, and self-realization to deepen your inward practice and strengthen your teaching skills.
Gain experiential understanding of Prana and Qi flow as you enhance your body’s natural energetic rhythms.
Tropical Yoga Adventure
- Each day we delve deep into the subtle energetics of the 8 limbs of Yoga
- The natural setting of the beach and jungle offer inspiring venues for yogic exploration
- We offer Asana and Pranayama sessions on the beach and guided meditations deep in the jungle
- Play and expand your practice to include Therapeutic Pool Yoga under the lofty forest canopy
- Be inspired by the sounds of the living tropical forest as we explore the divine vibrations of Sanskrit in Mantra Japa
- Welcome mother earth as she guides you deeper into intuitive understanding of the symbolism and subtle energies at play in the Tantric Yantra Art Form of the Ten Goddesses
- Let your heart open to truth and knowledge as we explore the sacred writings of the Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita
- Explore the Ayurvedic marma points and nadis and the flow of qi through the Acupuncture meridians
- Explore mind-body skills such as craniosacral and myofascial release techniques
- Expand your knowledge of asana practices.
- Experiment with teaching styles and modalities.
For whom is this course designed?
Yogis from all schools and traditions of Yoga are welcome. Past trainees have come from hatha, ashtanga vinyasa, kundalini, heart yoga, Bikram yoga and Chinese healing modalities.
- Experienced yogis looking to advance their physical, emotional and spiritual practice
- Experienced yogis with an interest in the energetic qualities of Sanskrit, Mantra Japa, and Tantric Yantra Art Forms
- Experienced yogis searching to expand their knowledge of the energetic properties of the human body through yoga asanas and practices
- Experienced yogis with an interest in Eastern and Chinese Medicine
- Experienced yogis yearning to gain a greater understanding of the symbolism of the Bhagavad Gita and its relationship to Sankhya philosophy, the Sutras, and the philosophies of dualism and non-dualism in Yoga
- Experienced yogis sharing and learning from one another about the wisdom of the Sutras of Patanjali
- Experienced yogis ready to open their hearts and minds to the limitless potential of the many facets of a yoga practice.
This is a Yoga Alliance registered advanced 300 hour yoga teacher training course. In order to register as a 500 hour RYT (registered yoga teacher within Yoga Alliance) students must already have completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training from a registered Yoga Alliance curriculum. A copy of your 200 hour certification is requested in the application form.
Students with yoga experience who wish to attend the course but do not have a 200 hour certification are welcome. They will receive a certificate of successful participation and completion of the course but will not be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance.
Topics explored in the course are:
- Yoga Anatomy: including the musculoskeletal system and the subtle energy body
- Ayurveda principles and history: doshas, koshas, gunas, nadis, dhatus, vayus, agnis,chakras, and marmas
- Chinese Medicine: acupuncture channels and points
- Advanced mind-body skills and techniques
- Yoga Mantra: writing, pronunciation and energetic properties of the Sanskrit language
- Yoga Philosophy: the Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita, which explain why and how yoga is a path to self realization
- Yoga History: influential teachers and texts within the yoga tradition and their influence in the modern age
- Surya Namaskar: explore the Sanskrit mantra for each of the 12 asanas that compose the traditional Sun Salutation
- Pawanmuktasana Series: three variations of this series; the classical series as described by Saraswati, the therapeutic series developed by south Indian renowned yogi and yoga therapist, Sri Andiappan, and the Mukunda Stiles version, who developed the Structural Yoga Anatomy approach to yoga wellness
- Yantra and Mandala Art: yogic symbolism of these two art forms and how they relate to the practice of yoga
- Nonviolent Communication: modes of communicating with others and ourselves that reflect the Yamas and Niyamas
- Yoga Wellness Sequences and Programs: design, demonstrate, and evaluate short and long term yoga programs, workshops, and courses. Effectively describe mission statements, goals, objectives, methodology, and evaluate yoga programs.
- Holistic Yoga and Lifestyle Treatment: Based on principles of Ayurveda and human anatomy options, from emotional issues such as self esteem, to physical issues such as high blood pressure, scoliosis, and surgical recovery.
- Daily morning pranayama and mantra
- Vedic chanting
- Purusha mantra chanting of full body
- Mantra chant of the 61 marma points
- Daily Yoga asana sessions
- Identify and design personal asana therapeutic sessions
- Traditional Sun Salutation with specific mantra according to each pose
- Therapeutic pavanamuktasana series, there are 3 series
- Daily Sanskrit mantra and writing, personal to each student
- Art therapy sessions with yantras and mantras
- Pool therapeutic yoga sessions
- Guided nature meditation sessions in the jungle, on the beach, and in the yoga shala
- Sutras of Patanjali
- Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga ethics and philosophical topics
- Tantric 10 Goddesses, their symbolism, meaning, and forms
Students are requested to observe and record their experiences in ournals
- Spiritual journal: observe your personal experiences of the 8 limbs of yoga throughout the course.
- Art journal: observe your emotional and spiritual experiences with tantric yantra and mandalas.
- Sanskrit journal: to practice your writing of the Sanskrit language and to fulfill one of the assignments: choose a Vedic mantra and write it in your journal 4 times a day in the Sanskrit script.
Course requirements and prerequisites
- This is a Yoga Alliance registered advanced 300 hour yoga teacher training course. In order to successfully register as a 500 hour RYT (registered yoga teacher within Yoga Alliance) students must already have completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training from a registered Yoga Alliance curriculum. Students with yoga experience who wish to attend the course but do not have a 200 hour certification are welcome. They will receive a certificate of successful participation and completion of the course but will not be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance.
- Students are required to attend all lectures, discussions and course activities.
Successful graduates, additionally are required to
- Design and offer a weekly mini workshop to fellow students on any topic explored that week
- Complete topic guide worksheets, on their own or in groups
- Participate in group activities and discussions
- Final written exam consists of two projects,
a. A group project to design a yoga curriculum for a targeted population of their choice, ie. 4 month elementary after school yoga program.
b. An individual project to design a workshop, yoga therapy sequence and program, or retreat yoga curriculum.
- Sutras of Patanjali, students may choose among the many translations available, no particular version is recommended, all are good.
- Bhagavad Gita, students may choose any translation available.
We ask that students read these two books before the course begins and complete, to their ability, the accompanying worksheets. We will be exploring in depth these two important yoga tomes and it will be helpful if students have some familiarity with their contents.
- Coloring book companion to Subtle Body by Cyndi Dale
- Yoga Horse Connection, by C.R.Aulakh, available on Amazon as a digital book;this book illustrates how to incorporate the 8 limbs of Yoga into your practice and teaching. The lessons described in the book can be expanded to include yoga in other venues, such as the pool, or in conjunction with other wellness modalities.
Corinne Rosita Aulakh
Namaste, and welcome. I am humbled to share the wisdom of my teachers and all the divine teachers that came before. While my personal style of teaching draws upon classical yoga philosophy of Hatha and Himalyan traditions I am always guided by the words of my teacher,” as yogis we must share from the heart.” As lead trainer I try to share the wisdom of my teachers as authentically as I can to honor them.
I believe in the Socratic method of sharing knowledge and learn as much from my students as I hope they learn from one another.
Corinne Rosita Aulakh E-RYT® 500, YACEP®, #107724YA, certified and registered yoga therapist, #20590879 International Association of Yoga Therapists
Kiran Kaur Aulakh
Licensed Doctor of Eastern Medicine and Acupuncture
Sharon Murphree, 2019
The lead teacher, Corinne Rosita Aulakh is a multi-faceted, multi-talented, gifted, kind, pleasant, and generous teacher. Corinne’s YTT 300 curriculum was well beyond my expectations. She comes from a dynamic background of many Yogic schools of traditions and philosophy and is very current on the background and history of each school. Above all, her primary concern is for student safety and importantly, supporting individual paths to one’s yogic journey. I always felt heard in several daily lectures and group discussions. I am still amazed by the depth of Corinne’s knowledge and her generosity in sharing with all of her students. I appreciate the spiritual quality embedded in the YTT 300 curriculum.
Karuna Yoga Journey: Leyla, 2019
Corinne leads with passion, intelligence, wisdom and kindness. At all times I felt seen, cared for and heard. Her knowledge encompasses leading horses at liberty and how that applies to us on and off the mat, yoga philosophy, physical anatomy, the subtle body, asana, meditation, pranayama, sanskrit and lots more. She brings her discussions to life with clever use of props and media. I look forward to learning from Corinne and Yoga With a View again in the future. A true humble yogini. Much love and gratitude always. Leyla
Ariel Marie, 2018
I loved doing my yoga certification with Yoga With a View. Corinne is such a blessed, intuitive, and knowledgeable yoga instructor. I loved the location in Costa Rica everything was so beautiful and serene. I found peace, strength, and courage within myself during my training.
Lindsey Kraft, 2016
Corinne, is a fabulous teacher. She goes above and beyond what is expected. She is very intelligent, caring, and an extremely dedicated and knowledgeable yogi. She gave me the guidance, confidence and knowledge I needed to be a yoga instructor. Taking my YTT at Yoga with a View, was truly one of the best decisions of my life. All my love to Corinne, and her beautiful teachings.
Rajni Boarai, 2015
I had a wonderful time at Corinne’s RYS-200 teacher training. The accommodation was lovely, and my fellow peers in my course were amazing – I realize we were very blessed in that every single person got a long, everyone took learning seriously, and everyone always wanted to help each other. I learned so much through the course itself – many things that I had not known in depth before such about Ayurveda and teaching yoga to people in different life stages. Corinne was always available whenever I had questions and always sought to find the answer from her splendid yoga library if things were unclear. I like that we were thrown into teaching right away – through trial/error and with Corinne’s feedback, we were all shining instructors by the end of the course. I feel confident in teaching a class and even in furthering my own practice, thanks to Corinne at Yoga with a View