The class curriculum meets and exceeds the standards of Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of the course students receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to apply to Yoga Alliance for registration as a RYT-200 instructor.
Multistyle 200 hour YTT, retreat-style Yoga Teaching Training Course registered with the Yoga with a View school and Yoga Alliance
Locations, Dates & Costs
Mystical Mountain Retreat
Escazu, Costa Rica
November 24 – December 14, 2016
March 1 – 22, 2017
October 1 – 22, 2017
USD 3,500 per person, double occupancy
Mystical Mountain Retreat
Join us for a unique boutique YTT offered in the spiritual center of Costa Rica, the hills of Escazu. We offer the opportunity to develop your own yoga practice, lifestyle, and spirituality while equipping you with the skills, knowledge, and practical knowhow to lead your own yoga classes and workshops/retreats.
Typical Daily Schedule
|6:30-7:30am||mantra chanting and pranayama|
|8:00-9:30am||morning asana practice|
Playa Cocles, Costa Rica
October 1st – 22nd, 2017
from USD 3,995 to $4195 per person, double occupancy
Join us on the Caribbean for another 200-hr YTT featuring additional yoga workshops with our yogi horses and new mandala meditation sessions.
What You’ll Learn
- Yoga philosophy and history
- Yoga Anatomy and physiology
- Yoga mantra chanting
- Yoga mudras
- Yoga pranayama
- Yoga asanas
- Yoga Nidra and other meditation styles and techniques
- Yoga class management, structure, development
- Principals of Ayurveda
- Yoga lifestyles and ethics
- Asana sequencing
Why You Should Take the Course
We offer small class sizes, no more than 8 students per YTT course. Our teachers provide lots of one-on-one mentoring and help encourage confidence in our students. Student teaching opportunities begin the second day of the course and continue throughout culminating in each student leading at least two full yoga asana classes and meditation sessions.
Meditation and self-realization are the goals and the process of a yoga practice and our course reflects this by devoting lots of lecture and practicum time to various meditation techniques and mantra chanting.
We offer a unique perspective on Yoga by including yoga sessions with our horses. Horses are wonderfully intuitive creatures and offer our students unique opportunities to experience and hone their yoga techniques.
And to enhance the overall Yoga experience we also provide an opportunity to express karma yoga in the service of our local Costa Rican community. This may include working with the local schools, community centers, indigenous indian communities, wildlife refuges.
Our curriculum meets and exceeds the criteria of Yoga Alliance. Graduates have the knowledge and skills to teach the beginning series of highly popular styles of Hatha yoga, Asthana Vinyasa yoga, and Sivananda yoga. Additionally workshops in acro yoga, trapeze yoga, pool yoga, and yoga for women and seniors are all part of the course curriculum and experience.
What Makes Our YTT Different?
What Experiences and Skills Will You Have When You Graduate?
- We offer the unique opportunity to interact with our Yoga horse herd every day. With our two geldings, Sonny and Half-Pint, we practice yoga principals of meditation and chakra energy fields. We spend part of our session designing and meditating upon Mandalas to help us feel and truly experience our own energy fields. Our mare Magic, is a teacher in every sense of the word. She gently guides us to look deep into ourselves and practice self-observation as we learn how to interact with her.
- We offer at least two opportunities to design and give a pool yoga class. Our YTT course strives to give our students opportunities to design, prepare, and give different modalities of Yoga classes.
- Our unique Karma Service project with The Humanitarian Foundation headed by Gail Nystrom is known world-wide. Gail has been pairing up volunteers with community projects with at-risk populations here in Costa Rica for decades. Our students are invited to participate in a Community Center Day Care project to lead a yoga class for children and later interact with them in early learning activities.
- Within the curriculum we have an excursion to a local Farmer’s Market where our students see and sample the bounty of Costa Rica’s vegetable and fruit harvests. Our students have the opportunity to speak with local vendors to learn about different foods that may not be grown in their home countries. Our "ferias" are a highlight of the training.
- This YTT course, like a Yoga practice itself, is based on experiential learning. From the second day onward students are encouraged to begin practicing their teaching skills with one another. We begin with students learning the opening mantra chants and leading the classes and end with our students leading at least two full yoga asana classes.
- Our mountain and garden venue is ideal for outdoor yoga asana, pranayama, and meditation practices, and makes a great classroom. Enjoy the fresh clean air of our school as you learn and practice your Yoga skills.