Know Thyself, Advanced 300-Hour YTT
Yoga and Horse Connection: Transformative Powers of Yoga and Natural Horsemanship
Topics discussed include the Five Koshas, system of chakras, science of mudras, science of sound vibrations and japa, yantra and mandala art, and pranayama. Meditation, both active and passive, will be explored, including yoga nidra.
Graduates of this 300-hour advanced study will have the tools, knowledge and confidence to design, develop and implement beginner to advanced yoga curricula for group and individual yoga classes, workshops, and retreats for private studios and larger organizations, like schools, community centers, and other public forums.
The use of art and sound, along with varied venues for yoga practice such as in a pool and in an equine assisted setting are introduced to give our graduates a unique set of skills and knowledge to share with others.
Unique to Yoga with a View, all of our YTT courses include daily interaction with our horse herd. These shared sessions provide an experiential learning practicum for our students offering them real time feedback from our horses about their own energy output and receivership. This experience is an important “self-analysis” exercise that enhances not only the emotional health of our graduates but also increases their capacity for empathy.
- Daily pranayama, mantra chanting, mudra, asana, sacred art, and meditation classes are scheduled into the curriculum to lend support to the theoretical lectures.
- Meditation classes are scheduled daily.
- Fifty hours of class time are devoted to the study of the Bhagavad Gita and Thirty hours to the study of the Sutras of Patanjali. (Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics of a yoga teacher.)
- Twenty hours are devoted to teaching methodology, curriculum development, and marketing strategies. (Teaching methodology)
- Hundred hours devoted to Yoga asana sequencing based on physical anatomy and energy pathways. (Techniques, training, and practice)
- Twenty hours are devoted to anatomy and physiology. (Anatomy and physiology)
- Forty hours are devoted to Practicums. (Practicums)
- Twenty hours, non contact, self study.
- Total of 300 hours, contact hours are 280 hours, non contact hours are 20 hours.
- Two half-days will be spent in Karma service in the local community.
Successful graduates are required to:
- Teach one pranayama and mantra 60 minute class
- Teach one 90 minute asana class
- Lead one meditation class
- Complete final written exam consisting of two projects:
- A group project to design a yoga curriculum for a targeted population of their choice, i.e., 4 month elementary after school yoga program.<
- An individual project to design a workshop or retreat yoga curriculum.